Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Light at the End of a Tunnel

In case you hadn't noticed my blog posts have dropped off a bit lately. That's because the amount of posts I write is directly related to the amount of hours I sleep. And Kai Guy has not been sleeping very well as of late. :) Nevertheless, I will try to get back in the saddle again.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We've been living in a tunnel of gray skies and cool, damp days, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that light is the SUN. As much as I try to remain positive, perky Patty, the gloom and doom of an overcast sky six out of the seven days a week starts to wear on me. But the last couple weeks we've been seeing more sun and more beautiful days here on Whidbey Island. Spring and summertime here are both very mild with hardly a trace of bugs. Nothing like the blackflies that swarm you in Maine! So I am very excited to be approaching upon the best time of year here!

Saturday night I after getting Kai to bed, I decided to make a quick run to Walmart for a few Easter tidbits. BUT as I pulled out the end of our road I discovered the sun was just going down over the water. Of course, I had to make a short pitstop at the beach. 

Clearly I wasn't the only one that had this idea.

It had been such a clear, gorgeous day and the sunset did not disappoint.

These sunsets over the ocean will never get old.



1 comment: