Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Where the H E Double Hockey Sticks Have I Been?!

I know, I know. It's been MUCH, MUCH too long since I've posted. MUCH. If it helps to ease your frustrations, atleast know that I have been extremely busy! How busy? Well, perhaps I'll use this post as a crazily simplified explanation!

I last left off with you all when our friends were visiting from the United States. Their visit was lots of fun and we did SO many things in such a short amount of time! (You can find ALL of the photos posted in my facebook albums, but I'll share a few here!) We hung out on the beautiful Southern Spain beaches and explored the Iberian peninsula's (all of Portugal and Spain) most complete Roman Ruins.
We shopped at the Jerez gypsy market, had lunch at a gorgeous Moroccan restaurant in a quaint pueblo blanco.
We spent a whole day exploring amazing Sevilla!
We flew to Barcelona, watched an FC Barcelona soccer game and enjoyed what is now one my FAVORITE cities.

And lastly, we took the train to Madrid and spent one evening there before our friends had to catch a flight back home. Matt and I even managed to squeeze in the first floor of the famous Prado art museum before our flight back home.
AND that was all in just one week! When we got back, I was lucky enough to get my first call to substitute teach! And my second, and my third! With tutoring and subbing it was a busy week! Then, on Friday, Matt and I adopted some children for the 4 day weekend! Our neighbor friends headed to Oktoberfest, Munich and we got kiddo time with their 1 and 3 year old. It was an amazing time with amazing kids, but BOY was I pooped by Monday evening! Shoot! Being a mom is exhausting! :)
I was ready to start tutoring again Tuesday, and wouldn't you know... I got called in THREE more days to sub that week! Next thing you know it was Friday and a group of us were leaving for our much anticipated ladies weekend getaway. (Originally planned for Paris, for various reasons we changed last minute and headed for Lagos, Portugal). Portugal was low-key, relaxing, and lots of fun.
SO that brings me to this past week! I got a break on the sub requests last week, but used that time to catch up on my slowly falling apart home! AND Friday, was the annual Navy Ball. This was my FIRST Navy Ball, and it was fun (as always) to dress up and go out, but it was also neat to participate in the Navy ball here in Spain since some of the Spanish Navy is represented as well!
SOOOOOO. Do you FEEL it? Can you better understand my craziness? Do you forgive me for my lack of bloggage? No? Okay. Well I will do my VERY best to not let it happen again. :) BUT, just a warning: I sub EVERY day this week; I'll be helping out with a haunted house next weekend; the following week we leave for our 6 day trip to the "motherlands;" and then on Friday, November 5th... my MUM arrives in ESPANA!!! The good news, is that with our upcoming trip and my momma visit... there will be more photos than I'll know what to do with!!!

Oh blogger friends, how I've missed you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment