Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Sunday, February 13, 2011

POD "Sunday Funday"

This morning, a couple girlfriends and I headed off the base for a little Sunday funday. Our destination was the antique/junk market held Sunday mornings in Jerez de la Frontera. You can find almost anything at this interesting outdoor market, IF you're willing to dig. Cluttering rows of folding tables are collectable stamps, coins, old postcards, pins, jewelry, car parts, lamp parts, used electronics, old pictures, used dolls (REALLY used), clothes, and various other treats that might appear as trash to the untrained eye. I like to think I've got a knack for seeing the potential in rusty, chipping junk and giving it a new life as decor in our funky home. Even when I'm not scoring sweet finds, I take pleasure in finding the perfect purchases for my friends. I mean, JUST TODAY I found a fabulous full length brown, maroon, and green leather coat for my friend Shelley and this really adorable red haired clown doll for my friend Alicia. I know what you're thinking... when can I come shopping with you, right?!

Anyway, I walked away from today's market with just a small gift for a friend, but Alicia was the one who really hit the jackpot. Check out her beautiful new mug.

Thirsty? Would you like a supple from my nupple?

It was a great morning with good friends, fresh air, a little people watching, and of course, a lil Spanish snack.

2 comments: