Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Sunday, February 6, 2011

POD "Winter Weekend Hoops"


Yesterday Matt and I decided to forego the cleaning and laundry and opted instead for some outside sunshine. It's been a BEAUTIFUL winter weekend here in Southern Spain, with morning temps in the forties that gradually creep up to the amazing afternoon sixties! So, I threw on some capris (Yes, my New England friends, the kind that show your ankles) and a longsleeve, pumped up our dusty basketball and we headed to the playground. Of course Matt gave me a bit of a hard time about bringing the camera, but I needed the photo proof to show our friends back home JUST how gorgeous it was!

I have to admit, carrying our special package in my tum tum, I found myself favoring my newly bulbous torso and thus... WAY off my game. Our friends' child, riding by in his stroller, was asked about our hoop skills. "Look at Mr. Matt and Miss Tristin! Aren't they good?!"

"Miss Tristin isn't," he responded. *Sighhhhhhhhhh* Even a 3 year old could plainly see that all the bricks and airballs were coming from my direction.

Anyway, after a couple games of Horse and a record breakingly long game of Around the World, I was ready to retire. Still, we had gotten some fresh air, a little sunshine, a little exercise, and a little competition. I may not have won... anything... but it was just what my body and da bebe needed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Up to aunt Becks... Showing her your blog. Just seeing if we could comment! Nice shot! lol

    ReplyDelete