Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'M BACK, PEOPLE!!!

The time has come. The anticipation is over. Are you all sitting? I'M BACK PEOPLE!!!

SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS. It has taken me SIX months to figure this whole thing out. What's this, you say? If you haven't been following the pictures and posts on my Facebook, you probably thought I was taken out by a mob of stray Spanish cats. Or that I consumed a bad dish of tapas and was lying in a coma in the hospital. Or that belly that I was growing was infact an extraterrestrial who took over my body and returned to the mothership. (If you thought it was that last one, you were close.) For the last 6 months I have, in fact, been living in a strange new world, but it wasn't a mothership: It was motherhood. :)

A friend suggested to me that I need not feel pressured to catch you all up on the last 6 months of our lives. "Tell them that facebook ate your blog for the last six months," she said. I did manage to squeeze in about 20 minutes a day of facebook time. Just enough time to post a few pictures, keep family and friends updated on my life and make sure I wasn't missing any action back home in the states. However, how could I not update you on what has been the most trying, most exhausting, most emotional, but most AMAZING six months of my life. How could I just skim over that part? So, before I get back to daily life in la casa de la vida fantastica, I am going to try to write a series of posts to share some of the hillarious, heart warming, humbling and sometimes even horrible things we've gone through.

And so, it begins.

August 4, 2011: When it all changed... for the better. Finlay Jaemas Thomsen entered the world at 5:08 AM and I cried because in that moment it became real. Matt and I had created this BEAUTIFUL creature and he was ours. He was so tiny and helpless and when we looked into his itty bitty face, we could see a little of each of us. Matt's ears. My nose. Sometimes they say babies have a face "only a mother could love." Now I know why. Because no matter what that lil angel looks like to anyone else, the parents stare into that red face with its squished features and see themselves.

It feels good to be back.

1 comment: