Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Thursday, February 23, 2012

POD "Enjoying You"

Yesterday was just one of those days. We all have them. Days where we feel out of sync, not on our "A game," unable to keep up, not in control... I think you know what I'm talking about. For a mom, that means the laundry and dishes are piling up, the floor needs to be swept, the baby won't allow you to put him down, but he won't sleep either. Yep. That was my day.

So, what do I do on those days? Well, for a couple hours, I fight it. I AM going to get something done, fussy baby or not. BUT... usually... when I'm smart... I surrender and wave my invisible white flag. Okay Finlay, you win. I am NOT going to do any cleaning (or ANYTHING for that matter) today. Instead, I am going to sit, and enjoy you. Not half-ass play with you like it is some sort of chore while I selfishly wish I was on facebook or blogging or having a cocktail on some tropical beach. Nope. I am going to shut all that out of my mind and ENJOY just being with you and playing with you in the sunshine. So, yesterday, that's what I did. And what do you know... he cheered right up. Actually, I did too. :)



So those days when you aren't seeing a blog or a facebook post from me, now you know where I am. I am enjoying my amazing, little, growing-up-way-too-fast, Finlay.

No comments:

Post a Comment