Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Saturday, May 31, 2014

My First Pinterest Project

 
 
As I've told you, Kai has been sleeping better (it comes in spurts so I should knock on some wood) and with sleep comes more energy, more creativity and more time for schtuff. Stuff like Pinterest!
 
I am constantly pinning aaaaaall sorts of great ideas on Pinterest, but I was YET to make one thing. Hundreds of pins... and NOT ONE THING! All that time pinning, I could have been actually doing something. I needed some validation for all this time I was blowing on this website or I'd have to call it quits.
 
Then I found it. My first Pinterest project. An adorable sign you can make using hand and foot prints to spell out the word "Love". When I saw it, I knew immediately that it would make an awesome gift for our dear friends Phil and Debbie Cyr. Well, I had to buy the entire 6 foot long piece of wood, so I just had the friendly orange helpers at my favorite store cut it into four pieces. Hmmmm... one for Phil & Deb, one for each of the grandparents and one for me! YES! Mother's Day gifts!
 
I'd like to say that doing the kids hand/foot prints were fun and easy, but I'd be lying. It was stressful and messy and I found myself growling under my breath and kindly asking Fin to PLEASE KEEP YOUR HAND OPEN. OPEN CHILD! STOP MOVING YOUR FINGERS! DON'T TOUCH THE PAINT! But. It was fun when it was all done. Their little prints were adorable and I couldn't wait to finish the pieces.
 
Finishing was also... easier said than done. I was on a bit of a time crunch and you don't always run into lots of extra free time when you are a stay at home mom of two kids under the age of three.
 
So I got creative:
 
Mumma painted, Fin napped and Kai got plopped in a few different "stations."

All the signs turned out great, and I had so much fun (well, most of it was fun) tackling my first Pinterest project. Oh, and the boys are consistently napping at the same time now which means... MORE TIME FOR PINTEREST!!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment