Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Our First Bike Ride!


Ok, it wasn't Fin's FIRST bike ride, but it was Kai's!
 
This past weekend, Matt took advantage of the good weather, put some air in the flat tires on our bikes and he and Fin took a short ride together. That was the first time Fin rode his bike on his own without the need for someone to help push from behind.
 
A few days ago, while Kai was napping, Fin and I used that time to finish the springtime bike tune ups. We oiled the chains, raised his training wheels a tad and tightened the breaks. Or, at least we tried to tighten the breaks. They appear to be working better for him.
 
Fin was VERY excited to go for a bike ride and he kept begging me all morning, but I told him we couldn't go till after Kai was awake and after we'd eaten lunch.
 
Finally... it was time. Thankfully the sunshine cooperated. Ready to roll!
 
Kai checking out Fin's rad helmet.
 
Fin checking out Kai's overall radness.
 
Can we go yet?! Ok, I'll give a half-hearted "cheese" for the picture.

One more selfie! (Ok, ok, no Kai does not have a helmet on, but in my defense... I tried to put one on and the poor kid was heaped over like a sack of potatoes. Secondly, I had no plans to leave our quiet dead end street.)
 
Our first ride together went great! Except for the fact that Fin stopped every two feet to point out ants, birds, poop, trash... etc. Stopping and getting going with the chunkster in the seat behind me is not easy. So there was a lot of "Come on Fin! Let's go Fin! Don't stop Fin! I'm beating you Fin! Hurry up Fin! FINNNNN!!!!"
 
Fin pointing out bird poop. I wish I was kidding.
It was a great little post-lunch, pre-nap ride... but we got home, and Kai had kicked off a shoe! DARN IT! So, off we went on a quick walk back to find it. Of course, it was all the way down towards the end of the street.
 
Fin retrieving the lost footwear.
 
PHEW! Got it mom!
 
Can't wait for good weather so we can do it again!






No comments:

Post a Comment