Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hasta Luego Botas


Today is a sad day. A very sad day. Today I was told by two different people that it's time to throw away my boots. MY boots. My favorite boots. But how could I possibly part with a pair a boots that are simply irreplaceable?

Ah, I see what you're thinking. Boots are replaceable. Apparently you haven't met my boots. Allow me to explain WHY I cannot bear to part with these boots.

Numero uno: They were a smokin deal. Just upon arriving in Spain, these boots were my FIRST gypsy market purchase at a measly 15 euro.

Numero dos: They don't feel like boots; they feel like slippers. When I slide my feet into these amazing (yet mildly stinky) botas, it's like they're giving my piggens a big, warm pleather hug.

Numero tres: No blisters, no pain. That's right. I can wear them for hours upon hours exploring the hilly, cobblestone streets of Spain and I can forget the ziplock bag of bandaids and tylenol.

Numero quatro: They're cute! It's not that often you can pair the words "cute" and "comfortable" in the same sentence when describing only ONE pair of shoes.

And finally...

Numero cinco: They've officially earned a place in my heart. I mean, we've shared some REALLY special times together. Need I remind you?

Surprising Mom on her birthday in Maine
Denmark
Sweden
England
Italy
Let ALONE all the other streets they've explored in Spain.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh. SO as you can now clearly see, the decision to finally part with my boots(which have already been professionally repaired once) is a difficult one. Maybe rather than tossing them, I'll just stash them away in the closet for a while until the lone Rota shoe repairman doesn't recognize them anymore. That sounds like a GREAT plan to me!!!

So boots, it isn't goodbye, but instead, as they say here in Andalucia, "Hasta Luego." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment