Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mommy's Night Out!

On Thursday night, Matt came home from work and took over Finlay-land while I hustled to get myself all fancied up for my big night out. That's right! Matt played daddy-daycare while I got a chance to take a shower, apply make up, get dressed up, and enjoy some drinks and food with friends! I was a little bit nervous leaving Finlay, but I knew he was Matt, so he'd be okay. It made my evening THAT much more stress-free when Finlay showed signs of exhaustion and I was able to put him to bed before I even left! Yahoo!

Anyway, my friend Alicia Olsen and I (also flying solo that evening because her husband is away) thoroughly enjoyed our time at this year's Dining Out. I was able to relax, unwind, and enjoy the laughs and silliness that a typical military dining out entails. Fin slept good for Matt, and although by the time I got home and got to bed, I only squeezed in about 4 hours of sleep... it was all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, good for you! Looking forward to that! Maybe at our reunion! (Are you coming?!)

    AND - THE HAIR! Helloooo nurse!!

    xoxo Jenn

    ~ Latest entry at A House Built Upon A Rock:
    Quitting Disposables Cold Turkey

    ReplyDelete