Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, January 28, 2011

POD "Rebajas Rock"

Rebajas aka HUGE country-wide sales, only happen twice a year here in Spain. In every store in the mall you'll find 25, 50 and even 75 percent off nearly all items! So yes, the same scarf that you spent ten euro on last week is only five or three now!

I've NEVER been a person who pays full price for things. I can't stand it. I always hit the sales, clearance racks, even thrift stores. So despite window displays and racks of clothes that leave me drooling, I wait and hold out for Rebajas!!!

Just this Tuesday, I hit the jackpot. I went to one of my favorite local gypsy markets that's starting to lower prices with the end of winter selling season. Having an excuse to shop (nothing fits me!) I went hogwild! I got 5 pairs of leggings (one euro each!), a sweater dress for 3 euro, a 15 euro jacket AND some smokin brown boots! Okay, the 10 euro boots were not necessary for my expanding waistline, but I've been WANTING some brown boots and how could I resist when they were half price?!

Anyway, I wasn't planning on taking any photos but in the search for a winter coat that looked good and had a little room to give, I needed a mirror! No mirrors?! Thankfully, a genius shopper near me asked if I had a camera and suggested my friend take a few shots so that I could see what the coat looked like on. I loved it. I didn't know what it cost, but if it was less than 30 euro... it was coming home with me. "Cuanto cuesta?" I asked. I couldn't help but smile when she said 15. "Baratito!" Soooo cheap!

So here are my "How does it look" photos. PS. If you look close enough in the boot photo, you'll see WHY I'm in search for a new winter jacket. See those two cute little bottom buttons that are NOT fastened? That's because they can't be. OH, and don't mind my face... I didn't know the face was in the photo. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love the little black jacket, have to tell ya, I think of the Morton Salt girl when I saw it!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete