Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Sunday, January 23, 2011

POD "Sunday Morning Brunch"


I woke up this morning with an abnormal amount of energy. Maybe that's what happens when you get 10 hours of sleep? ;) So I decided to do something that our semi-calorie concious family usually tends to skip out on: Sunday morning brunch!

That's right. I channeled my inner Dad (the Sunday breakfast MASTER) and decided to whip up something delcious! So the music went on and I went to work. A few days ago my pregnancy cravings told me it was time for a good sausage biscuits and gravy. Wait... you didn't know that I was pregnant? You somehow missed that on Facebook? Sorry, I'll catch you up on a blog post later today. :) ANYWAY...

With no bisquick in the house I was going to have to make drop biscuits from scratch, so without hesitation I began cutting the shortening into the floury goodness.

Takoda, not very interested in what I was doing, focused instead on the fact that I was neglecting his morning toy toss. Note him staring longingly at his green squeaky gator.
Sultan on the other hand continued to make his shark like circles inside, not wanting to miss out if any of that "snausage stuff" dropped within his radius.
Long story short, my sausage gravy would have made dad proud, and you would have never known that I didn't have any bisquick! SO delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment