Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mimi's Arrival

Yesterday morning, Mimi flew from Arizona (where she was vacationing a few days) to Seattle! I packed our bags the night before and managed to get out of the house around 8, right around Kai's first nap time. (Despite his attempts to foil my timing plan by waking at 4:30am...) Let me tell you. It was not easy getting out that early, making sure I had both boys packed for the entire day. Huge props to my working momma friends who have to do this every day. 

Anyway, we made the long 2 hr+ trek down to Sea-Tac and both boys were great. Kai dozed most of the way (thank God) while Fin snacked, counted trucks, watched a few shows and ran his mouth. :)

A little Ipad time.

Kai's other favorite car activity is screaming, so if he was out, I was NOT stopping. Even when all my coffee had gone through me and my bladder was nearing painfully full, I was not waking up Kai to stop and find a bathroom. (I later regretted this decision when I made a wrong turn near the airport, adding 10 more minutes to our trip!!! Ouch.) Anyway, Kai snoozed, so I was NOT stopping... not, of course, until my potty training two-year old said his pee pee hurt. I whipped off the highway like Jeff Gordon pulling in for one of those crazy two-minute tire changes. After Fin watered the grass in someone's front yard, Kai's lids were still down, so no relief for me. Back on the road.  (A woman walking by with her two dogs did a sly double take of Fin with his little pants around his ankles, smiled and mumbled something like "you gotta do what you gotta do..." I have a feeling she would not have had the same response had it been my pants down.) 

We finally made it to the airport, used el servicío, changed and fed Kai and was still able to go for a stroll before finding the perfect spot to wait for Mimi.

Checking out the lights.

Finally... Mimi!!!!

We couldn't just load the kids back into the car and drive home. They both had been soooo good and I wanted them to have some out of seat time.

And so, because it was the sunniest, WARMEST day of the year in Seattle so far, we went to the zoo!!! Apparently we weren't the only ones with this idea since it was packed. On a monday?! 

Checking out the penguins. 

Fin INSISTED he hold the map and navigate

It was a great afternoon! A bit of a long ride back, but Fin crashed, and Kai slept SOME of the way so I still can't complain.

Mimi is here! More adventures to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment