Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Monday, March 10, 2014

POD "Didn't Give a Hoot"


I've been meaning to post a picture of this guy! This blog post has been written since the FALL of last year and I forgot to post it! Whooooopsies. HOPEFULLY now that our desktop is up and running again (and my babies are sleeping better!) I can get back to some blogging.

Anyway, we were driving down this small tote road on our way to one of Matt's coworkers' family party... (Don't ask about the dirt road. Gotta love reliable GPS directions.) and this guy was sitting right in the middle of the road! It wasn't even dark! Aren't owls nocturnal? Shouldn't you be SLEEPING?!!! Anyway, I was super (borderline excessively) excited! I'd never seen an owl in the wild before! 

As we drove closer he casually swooped up to a branch just on the side of the road. He didn't seem to give a hoot we were right there. (Ok, ok that was cheesy.) Perfect photo op!!! Of course, I made Matt stop and take pics for the blog.

He was so beautiful and even though the "most direct route" was a little sketchy, it was worth it! ... This time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment