Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Monday, May 10, 2010

POD "Fifty and Fabulous"


So, mom and I headed out to Portland for a big night out to celebrate her 50th! We stayed right downtown in the old port of Portland, Maine. Love Portland.
We started off the night classy with wine, mussels and Art Night. All of the galleries (including Maine College of Art) were open late. Loved it. We hit a few of the fantastic shops, returned to the hotel to freshen up, and then had some DE-LISH crabcakes at Walter's. (Ammmmazing. WILL be returning to that restaurant.)
Oh, have I mentioned yet, that my mother was nearly killed twice by a bicycle? OH, and NOT JUST ONCE. TWICE! My mom is pointing and looking, and "oh what's that" as she steps off the curb and is nearly taken out by a biker whizzing by at probably 40 miles an hour. The first time was funny. The second time, I thought mom was going to pee her pants. Come on, give her a break... she's fifty now. Piss happens when you're having fun. Can you imagine though? 50 years old... taken out by a bicycle. That's a headline.
Anyway, the night concluded at the not so classy Bubbas Sulky lounge. Mom's call, not mine, but I gotta give her credit because the place is definitely a must see. Go like we did on 80s night. Two dance floors and excessive spandex. Good times. I was singing "You can dance if you want to..." in a robotic voice for 4 days. Ask my dad. It wasn't pretty.

Overall, even with the near death bicycle encounters, we had an amazing time. Well mom, you may be fifty, but you're still fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Mom, you've still got it! 50 or not. I did, (& still do, at times.) Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete