Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, September 17, 2010

POD "Going to be a Great Day"

I awoke last night at 3 AM to some of the loudest thunderstorms I've heard in a while. In fact, it hasn't rained all summer! The house shook and the windows rattled. I've always loved thunderstorms. ALWAYS that is, until we moved to southern Spain where our house sits 120 feet from a slowly eroding cliff that drops 300 feet to the ocean. :) So yes, when the whole house shakes, for a minute, I must admit that I do pray the large piece of rock we're sitting on isn't going to break off and send us all for a ride.
The storms passed and I laid in bed wondering if our jet-lagged friends were sleeping through the storm okay. I wondered how the weather was going to be the next day for exploring, going to the beach, etc. Well, it was still cloudy as the darkness slipped into dawn, but sitting here at my computer next to the window I watched as the dark sky began to open up. At first only a small pink cloud appeared, then it turned white, then the the cloud stretched and grew and blue sky began to take the place of the dark ominous clouds. :) I think it's going to be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment