Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

POD "Hoop- Hoop- Hooray!"


MUAHAHAHAHA! I finally got a picture of the sweet woodpecker looking bird! Yesterday I was mid-sentence blabbing on to Matt about one thing or another when over his shoulder I spotted this guy in the backyard. HOLY ***!!!! (Insert profanity of choice here.) I ran (carefully and quietly) to grab my camera and made sure Matt held onto the dogs so that they didn't get excited in the commotion and scare away my lil guy.

I have been dying to get a picture of this bird for you all since we GOT here. I first saw his neat flashes of black and white in the pine forest, and I've seen him a few times since then, but never have been able to get a shot. This picture was taken through the glass and screen of the back patio door, so it's not the best quality, but AT LEAST I got it! I have done some searching online and I believe he's called a Hoopoe. Check out his neat long curved beak!

Ain't he a beauty?!

No comments:

Post a Comment