Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, March 26, 2010

POD "The Headless Tree"


So we live on a cliff here, and there is a beautiful view of the bay, with the exception of the normal wire fence and now the additional construction fences. The wire fences (overall) are there to protect us all from falling OFF the cliff, so that I will let slide. What I was NOT a fan of was this DEAD, headless palm tree that was marring the view! It's dead! Cut it down people! This was my view until TODAY, when everything changed. I was taking Takoda for a morning stroll because I needed to get him pooped out so that I could get ready for the ball. (Sultan is still not quite ready for post surgery walks). Well, from afar, I spotted the hideous palm... but something about it looked different today! Looky what I saw! Do you think they are building a nest there? Have they lived there before? What an amazing lookout for them! RIGHT on the edge of the cliff where they've got this fantastic uninterrupted view. SO I quietly walk past with Takoda, get him home and then QUICKLY drive back with my car praying they'll still be there so I can get my Spain photo of the day. I could get used to watching these guys. OKAY so the headless tree can stay.

1 comment: