Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Sunday, March 21, 2010

POD "Smelly Spring"


Happy first day of Spring! It's FINALLY here and the weather has REALLY turned around. About 15 days ago it stopped raining and it hasn't rained SINCE! I know what you're thinking. Smelly spring. Where I come from, spring smells like mud and dog poop. Well, let me tell you, spring smells FABULOUS HERE. No really! Hard to believe right? As proof, I will list some of the various scents I have excitedly sniffed thus far:

1. The smell of this beautiful flower, along with many others that are now beginning to bloom
2. With the good weather comes grilling season, and that means every evening around 6pm, the neighborhood fills with a smokey, amazing deliciousness I'm not used to smelling until June!
3. The scent of the ocean air is stronger than ever and it now dances with the coconut-y scent of suntan lotion.
4. The mouth watering aromas are floating out of open restaurant doors onto busy streets, welcoming you inside.

Ahhhhhh. It's like summer, only not so deathly hot. Oh... annnnnnnd it's in March. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment