Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beach Reviews: Punta Candor

On Sunday, (I know. I'm a little late. BUT the Spanish won the World Cup, I partied and then I had a hangover. How's that for an excuse?) Matt and I checked out another new beach. This beach, Punta Candor is still a part of the Rota beach system, but it's around the corner from the busy boardwalk and restaurants that line most of the beach. The beach is a pretty easy drive from Rota, and if you get there early... parking is a cinch as well. Get there late... you'll be parking on the edge of the skinny road. Good luck with that!

As you can see... the beach was very quiet at 10:00 in the morning... but it filled up as the late- rising Spanish arrived.

Anyway, with large sand dunes and a shoreline lightly littered with rocks and shells, this beach is more natural than some of the other beaches we've gone to here thus far. However, the beach is still close enough to civilization and popular enough to support it's own chiringuito. I was able to do a little late morning beach combing (one of my favorites usually only possible on the rustic beaches or in the off season) and yet still sit down for a yummy tapa of chocos fritos (a version of fried calamari) and a refreshing tinto de verano!

I really liked this beach because it's the best of both worlds, but I can only give it a 4.0 out of 5.0 because it's still early in the summer and we've got a lot more beaches to try! In fact, i'm reconsidering my Cadiz rating of 3.0 and lowering it to 2.0. After seeing this beach... Cadiz looks pretty bad! Who knows, by the end of summer... I may realize... my top rated beach is right here in Rota!

The adorable Chiringuito.
The view of Punta Candor from our table at the chiringuito. :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Sun, sand, water, food and drinks! Perfect :)

    Meteena

    ReplyDelete