Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, July 16, 2010

POD "Sooo are you going to finish the statue, orrrr... ???"


The POD is just a shot of some ginormous statue in Jerez I stumbled upon last night while out to dinner celebrating a friend's birthday. Not only is it ginormous... it's a smidge creepy too.
I asked some spanish ladies how to get to the restaurant we were headed to and I partially understood their response which was something like... "that direction, big... no head... on the left." That's what I got out of it anyway. Apparently the "big... no head" was referring to this sweet statue just outside the restaurant. Anyway, it's not your typical religious statue and it's pushing some mean artistic boundaries... so... pretty much, I'm a huge fan.

3 comments:

  1. the statue is called "el minotauro", the artist is Victor Ochoa Sierra, and was done in 2003. 200 people worked on the statue. for more information, http://wikimapia.org/1635051/es/plaza-del-minotauro

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, at the butt of the statue, that's where Feng Shui is. Quite possibly the very best (and most expensive) chinese restaurant I've ever been to. It's hard to spot because the name of the restaurant is small and at the top of the window, that's why I give the "butt" reference point.

    ReplyDelete