Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

POD "Flor Loca"


What kind of crazy flower DARES to grow in the dry, Spanish summer heat without a little love from sprinklers every night?! THIS ONE. Seriously, we haven't had rain for probably 2 months. All my damn gardens (which I must add, I water by hand NIGHTLY) are starting to resemble tumbleweeds and this white wildflower and his buddies are growing happily in the pine forest, not even phased. Don't worry. I'll eventually figure out how to keep plants alive here. I'll figure it out... just about when it's time to leave! ;)

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to read your comments about Rota and the surrounding cities you've visited. I was stationed there a long, long time ago and seeing you pictures I can tell you it is definitely a different town from when I knew it. I was a DJ for Armed Forces Radio at the the station that was in an isolated building off the main road to housing. It's probably not standing now because it's been so long a time. My wife and I live in Poland now and will be returning to Spain next month for a visit to Malaga and Granada. Granada is a place you should visit along with Malaga, Torremolinos, Marbella and that area in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and Joan,
    I've been meaning to reply! Thanks for reading and commenting! We absolutely adore it here and I have fun sharing the photos/stories from our adventures. Matt and I plan to visit all of the above places with Granada at the top of the list! Thanks for sharing! Have fun on your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete