Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, September 6, 2013

My Happy Lil Camper

Last weekend Matt took Fin backyard camping for the first time! Fin was a big helper when it came to setting up the tent, and once it was up it quickly became his new favorite play place. 
He loved hiding inside under all the sleeping bags. And with the amount of times he went in and out, in and out... we are lucky we didn't blow a zipper! 

For us, camping just isn't complete without a fire and s'mores!
My boys :)
"Are you cooking that one for me???"

I'll have you know, the first marshmallow, Dad let him hold the stick by himself. That didn't go so well. Kai and I almost ended up with a hot mess (literally!) on our laps! 
Kai resting on mumma by the fire :)
Looking up through the trees at the first star of the evening!
After s'mores and star searching, it was time for bed. Kai and I headed inside and  the big boys were tent bound. Inside, the two of us had a nice, quiet night but I couldn't help but wonder how the boys were doing outside. I received these pictures in a message from Matt just before I drifted off to sleep:

A little flashlight play, a few books and Finlay was out. :) Dad said it was a pretty good night, and it must have been, because he says they'll do it again soon. So glad I've got a little camper on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment