Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

POD "The Deer With No Fear"


The POD today is just a quick pic of one of thousands of deer that inhabit this island. I'm pretty sure these things have no predators which makes them practically fearless.
 
Fin and I were just standing in our driveway talking to our neighbor when we spotted this guy. He spotted us about the same time we spotted him and yet he proceeded to walk closer and closer and closer until he walked right by us. I kept thinking he was going to at SOME point feel threatened, turn, and book it... but...  not so much. He just casually walked by us with a look on his face like "Hey guys. What's up?"

Anyway... this guys behavior is the norm for deer on this island. You find them hanging out on your front lawn in the middle of the day, birthing fawns under the bush in your backyard and trotting down the middle of the road oblivious to your car about 5 feet from their black tails. 

Not a day goes by without seeing a deer. Sometimes my Dad goes an entire hunting SEASON without seeing a buck. I think it's fair to say you'd have a freezer-full here, Dad. :) 

Ps. Props to my neighbor for the photo. My phone was inside.

1 comment: