Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Saturday, June 26, 2010

POD "Sinbad Wasn't Bad"


Last night Matt had some mandatory volunteer work ;) at a function on base. The bad news was... well, it's Friday night mandatory volunteer work. The good news was that he was working with the other Seabees at the free Sinbad standup comedy performance. Earlier in the day, I wasn't sure if I was going to attend. Besides, Matt would be working and I may end up sitting by myself. I found out a few other people I knew were attending, so I decided... what the heck, right?
So, I had to arrive early because Matt had to be there an hour and a half before the show started (such is the life of owning one car). BUT I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see all of the work they've done on Champions! I was even MORE pleased to see that the BAR was open for the show! YAHOO! I may have to sit by myself for an hour, but atleast I can 1. grab one of the best seats in the house and 2. have a cocktail while waiting! Nice work Champions. So, the true photo of the day is my sweet spot I scoped out and saved in the front row while the rest of the place slowly filled to standing room only.
I must say, I went into Sinbad's performance with very low expectations. I just hoped he'd do well. I always feel bad for the comics who don't. I could not believe how great he did! Not only did he interact with the audience well, he also geared most of his act around the Military, living in Spain, and all sorts of other funny things we could all relate to! He even stayed to sign autographs. Anyway, here are a few photos I snagged of him. Even without the MC Hammer pants... he's still got it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment