Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

POD "Don't Worry, I Have a Map"


In planning for our upcoming trip this long holiday weekend to Portugal, I decided it would be smart to pick up a Portugal road map. Although Garmina has proved to be relatively accurate, she isn't perfect and a back up map is good to have. I was pleased to see that the NEX here on base had a Portugal/Spain map combo. Fabulous!

So I brought my $11.95 map home. Today, while plugging in a few coordinates into Garmina it occured to me how well prepared and travel-savvy of me it would be to also highlight a few places on my newly purchased map. JUST in case, right! So, this is the part where imagine me pulling out my crisp new Hammond map.

"Alright, let's open this girl up. Oh, I guess it opens again. Hmmm I think I have to open it some more. Wait... it OPENS again???!!!


This is the part where you try to imagine me even ATTEMPTING to use this DAMNED map in the passenger seat of a car. Really Hammond? Really? No wonder you were the last map on the shelf. And here I was thinking I got lucky. Nice work Hammond.

No comments:

Post a Comment