Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, June 11, 2010

POD "Tweet, Tweet... Peeuuuuu"


While Matty is away, I decided that today would be a good day to run some errands and get a few things done. Top of my list: Get my mane of hair trimmed!!! Although my new choppy layers look fantastic, it's not quite a drastic enough change to nab top position as photo of the day. :)

Next on the list: Grab a new bottle of red to try this evening! What will I be sipping on later? Pinocchio. It's a reasonably priced, Nero D'Avola Sicilian. With a name like Pinocchio, i'm not surprised I remember that it was on the menu at the Italian wine bar I worked at in New Haven. Can't remember how it is, but it's gotta be good right? (Note, if you're ever looking for a restaurant in New Haven, CT... Scoozzi Wine Bar and Trattoria is scrumptious!!!)

After all my "work" was done (HEY I DID go to Matt's office and the post office too) I walked the streets of Rota, scoped out some new residential areas and sat in the sun to drink a "cafelito." My photo of the day WOULD have been some of the new gorgeous home entrances and gardens I found, but the camera never seems to do them justice. Alas, the photo of the day had to be these little guys. This seems to be the thing to do here, because I saw about 6 different homes with their birdies in the windows singing, and getting some fresh air. These two birds WOULD be getting fresh air, if it weren't for the stanky sneakers drying out on top of their cage. :) Didn't notice them the first time, did yah?

Anyway, it was a great, low-key day. Matt leaves from London to Johannesburg tonight. But, he's certainly made the most of his time in England only seeing and doing the most Manly-Man-macho things. Fish and chips at a pub... check. Greenwich mean time stop... check. Stonehenge... check. The musical Wicked....... ..... ..... check. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment