Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Monday, July 25, 2011

POD "Forty Week Treat"

The photo(s) of the day today come from yesterday's lazy Sunday afternoon. As you all now know, I am due to "pop" any day, so as of late, Matt and I haven't been venturing TOO far from the house. Still, after a week of getting things accomplished at home and a chill Saturday laying around, I was ready to get out and do SOMETHING.

So, we didn't venture too far (only into Rota), but it was just what I needed. We had some tapas at Meson Galeon (one of my new favorite places for tapas) and then went for a nice long stroll on the beach.
The beach was packed (as it usually is on Sundays during the summer)! The gentle breeze was fantastic! The aqua blue water was warm on our feet! It was heaven!

We walked the whole way down the beach and around the corner to our favorite chiringuito: Las Dunas. Las Dunas, although a bit pricier than the others, has THE best atmostphere and is the only chiringuito with fun frozen drinks! Matt opted for the mojito. One of my favorite summer beverages, I think he did it just to make me jealous. ;)
That's okay. I got a delicious, refreshing, virgin strawberry daiquiri.
After our drinks were finished, we slowly made our way back the length of the beach, feet splashing in the waves and combing the whole way. Bending over to pick up my "finds" was a bit of a workout, but it was well worth it.
What a fabulous treat to kick off my fortieth week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment