Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Saturday, July 2, 2011

POD "Lounging Poolside"

Yesterday I joked with Matt... that I needed a pool. Not a big pool. Just a plastic little kiddy pool that I could get into and cool off in. Summers are hot here in Southern Spain, and although the beaches are very beautiful and relaxing, sometimes you aren't up to making a trip to the beach (ahem... 37 weeks pregnant). Sometimes you just want to take a quick dip to cool off and then get back to whatever you were doing.

I was pleasantly surprised when he agreed to my crazy pool purchase. So, upon finding that the NEX had little to offer us, we made the 20 minute drive to Jerez in search of my glorious bath. After stops at 2 stores... we still weren't finding what we wanted. Matt had decided that we could "upgrade" a bit from the little plastic tub to something a little bigger, but everything we found was MUCH too big, or too darn small. So Goldilocks, I mean Matt, continued on to the third store where he found the pool that was juuuuuust right. :) She was a beaut. Not only was she the perfect size... she wasn't your typical borrrrring blue pool. She had FLARE! Hehe

Anyway, I had a long list of things that I should have been doing yesterday, but with our exciting new purchase, they all went to the back burner. My new to-do-list included: blow up pool, fill pool, get in pool. Needless to say, it was a pretty fabulous afternoon. Enjoy the photos of "classy" me... lounging poolside. :)

Filling up the pool

Annnnnnnd I'm in. Check out the sweet decals.
It was a bit chilly with the water fresh from the hose, but it was a hot day... and I managed to slowwwwwly slide in.

What an ingenious purchase. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the cars pool!!! lol
    we have a one like that, only its just plain blue.

    ReplyDelete