Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Saturday, July 30, 2011

POD "How to keep yourself entertained..." (Day 5)

Pretty soon here, we're going to have to change the title of this series of posts to "How to keep yourself SANE at forty-ONE weeks" !!!!! Let's hope I don't have to do that.

Anyway, keeping yourself entertained this late in the game is sometimes just a matter of remembering to take time for yourself. After baby comes, who knows how much time I'll actually have to do that. So, if you're a night person, enjoy what's left of your free night time movie watching, book reading or facebooking without interruptions. Or, if you're a morning person, like me, take that quiet time before the husband wakes up and enjoy that coffee. And by "enjoy" that coffee, I mean SLOWLY, savor and sip on it. I have a feeling for the next 18 years I'll have a reason to gulp it down.

Baby needs to nurse. (Gulp, gulp, gulp.)
Baby needs a diaper change. (Gulp, gulp, gulp.)
Baby is now crawling... and then walking. (Seriously... who has time for coffee?)
Baby fell down and is screaming bloody murder. (Forget the coffee even exists.)
Baby needs a lunch made and a ride to school. (Where is that darn travel mug?)
Baby has soccer practice at 6:30 AM. (Is there a Dunkins on the way?)
Baby needs a swift kick in the ass because his alarm has gone off 3 times and he's still not up. (I'm about to dump the rest of my coffee ON him.)

I think you get the point.

So, this morning, I spent a good hour sitting outside in the infamous "do-nothing" lawn chair, just relaxing. It was a cooler morning, so for the first time in like NINE months, I opted for a good ol' hot cup of American Joe.

I found a convenient place to sit my coffee: (Yeah, it's sort of like a table these days.)

I stretched my legs out (We all did):
I watched the pups explore the yard, and together, we listened as the quiet Saturday morning neighborhood slowly came to life.
And while enjoying the gentle rolling and squirming of the chunk that still resides in my belly, I sipped that coffee, and I OWNED that time for myself. :)

1 comment: