Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Thursday, July 14, 2011

POD "Primero Paella"

Yesterday for lunch, I joined my friend Shelley and her daughter Brooklynn for a typical Spanish dish: Paella! Truth be told, we were headed to the Italian joint next door for pizza, but found it was closed on Wednesdays. :) SO we said, OK, let's try this Venta la Feria place that supposed to be the best around for Paella!

We ordered a Paella for two and the waitress asked if we wanted anything to start with. Paella, for those of you who don't know, when made fresh, can take some time. Alright, you twisted my arm. Bring us some chocos fritos to start. :) (Fried cuttlefish. Tastes a lot like calamari.)

Paella is a popular Spanish saffron rice dish that usually comes with assorted meats and/or fish. We went with the "paella mixta" so we could get a variety. I was pretty excited to try the paella, considering I haven't ordered it since coming here. Why? Well, because you don't order paella from a place unless A) you are in Valencia (the home of paella) or B) the place specializes in paella. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And the paella arrived! HOLY that's a lot of food. Are you sure that's just paella for TWO?
Time to dig in! My lunch comrades, Brooklynn and her mom Shelley (AKA quilt maker extraordinaire).
It was soooo good! YUMMO! I highly recommend this restaurant for the paella mixta!
*Note, now I know how I got that oil stain on my shirt. Sighhhhhh. Yes... it's resting on the plate. No... I never dealt with this problem prior to pregnancy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment