Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How to keep yourself entertained at 40 weeks

I think now that I've hit the 40 week mark, everyday will require some sort of inspirational post. A post or POD for those pregasaurauses who will come after me; who too, will reach their due dates and think, "Well now what the hell do I do?"

No but really, when there isn't as much as a SOCK in the laundry basket, not a dirty dish in the sink, and not a dust bunny to be found... what is one to do??? By the way, 24 hour Fox news coverage, day-old baseball games and reruns of Two and a Half Men aren't going to cut it (sorry AFN). OH, and those pregnancy/year one books. No, I haven't finished them all, but I've been reading them straight for 10 months and the excitement has started to wear a tad.

So, until I pop, I will dedicate the next few PODs (let's hope today is my one and only post) to keeping yourself entertained at 40 weeks.

Day 280 (aka 40 weeks): How to keep yourself entertainted?

GET CREATIVE WITH DINNER!
You might as well, 'cause Lord knows you'll probably never be able to do it again. :)

Step 1: Lay around all day (you'll need to conserve some energy for this task).
Step 2: Choose a basic dinner dish/entree.
Step 3: Ponder how you can take the recipe from blasé to hurray! (Or just really screw it up. Either way, it will be entertaining and you will have learned something.)
Step 4:
Stand up and walk to the kitchen (I know you were sitting down and I know this can take a minute or two.)
Step 5: Have fun playing chef and creating your work of art!!!

I went with pizza, but I was NOT content with plain old pizza, NOR was I content with just one flavor. So, I used some 6 inch flour tortillas, made a bunch of different kinds, and sent Matt off to grill them! YUMMO!

Here, fresh off the grill, is a pic the "traditional" pepperoni and jalapeno popper pizzas I whipped up.
And here are my buffalo chicken and bbq chicken pizzas ready to go! Thumbs up to that!
We also made a mushroom, cheddar chicken pizza, but it was lacking something. I later realized that this "something" was bacon. Let's be honest, there isn't much that bacon CAN'T fix.

Anyway, this project I call dinner easily blew 2 hours of my time and the pizzas tasted amazing. I can't wait to make them again!!! (In 10 years...) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment