Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Monday, April 11, 2011

S Words and Fun with SNAILS! :)

Snails are so great. They're strange, slimy, sleepy, slothful, succulent (as I now know after living here in Rota), stimulating, and a whole slew of other S words. I mean, they are comPLETEly underrated! Well, atleast to Matt they are.

The other evening, I was lounging on the couch while Matt finished cleaning up the paint supplies used in the nursery. I could hear the sound of water running through the pipes and assumed Matt was outside rinsing out his paint brush. All of a sudden, I was summoned to "COME QUICK" to the patio and "BRING THE CAMERA." Matthew excitedly bragged that he had my "photo of the day" ready and waiting. Little did he know, his photo of the day would turn into a full fledged photo SHOOT! :)

I rushed to the patio, camera in hand, to find him leaning over the drainage grate in our lawn. A snail. Albeit, a very LARGE snail, but still... just a snail. Did I really haul my prego arse off the couch and make a mad dash for this? I wanted to remind him that snails don't move ALL that quickly and that he probably would have had time to get the camera himself. :) But I didn't. I just snapped a few half-hearted shots and headed back inside to the comfort of our worn doggy-dog sofa.

WELLLLLL, that wasn't good enough for Mateo. He took the camera and spent another 30 minutes in the dark snapping away. After a while, I even called out to the strobe light in our backyard and asked if he was okay. :) Finally he came inside.

I must admit. He got some cool shots. Here they are!

SLIMY: Check out that SWEET slime trail through the painty-purple water!

SATISFYING (and accd to Takoda, SMELLY): Takoda was NOT missing out on the evening's entertainment.
SOCIABLE: It's officially a party now.
STIMULATING: Hell, did you know that snails could even be motivational?!!!
When life decides to throw you a big fat roadblock, what do you do?
Give up? NO.
Go around it? NO. Takes too long.
YOU CLIMB OVER THAT roadblock like it ain't NUTHIN!
And you just keep on truckin along...

:) Oh snails. We heart you.

No comments:

Post a Comment