Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Monday, April 25, 2011

POD "Deja... Snow"

So yesterday afternoon I sort of had a bit of a dejavu moment! Some of my loyal blog readers may remember that during last year's visit to Maine I was treated to a light dusting of snow. WHAT?! In APRIL?! It's SPRING! I just couldn't believe it! I even took a photo for the blog as proof!

Well, mother nature, knowing that I never got to see any snow this year in Spain, COULDN'T let me down this year. So, after that gorgeous sunrise yesterday morning, it clouded up, and you could see the storm approaching from across the lake. It started as a light wintry mix. Pretty to see, but of course it wasn't going to stick. Right??? (Doggy dandruff)
Wrong. It started sticking. :)
Annnnnnnnd by the end of the day... we had two freakin inches!
Interestingly enough, my parents' home is at JUST a high enough elevation that although we had snow (that accumulated), a bit further down the mountain there was just a wintry mix of mostly rain. Not your typical Easter weekend weather, but I've got to admit, I didn't mind ONE bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment