Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Friday, April 15, 2011

POD "Thank You Commisary!"




Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. That was my big project this Friday afternoon. That and going to the store to get some vanilla ice cream to make the project complete.

Yesterday I was VERY excited to see rhubarb at the commissary. It's not usually there, so on the rare occasion I DO see it, of course I have to buy atleast 2 1/2 pounds. I think next time 5 lbs may be in order... but... I didn't want to get greedy. That would have probably been all the rhubarb they had! SO, being the generous person I am, I didn't hog it all. I just made an emergency phone call to a girlfriend so SHE could go get the rest. :)

Once she told me that she was making a strawberry rhubarb pie... I just couldn't stop thinking about it! I'm not a BIG pie person, but if i'm going to eat pie, it's strawberry rhubarb ALL the way. Of course, as I made the pie, I also had to peel and eat about 4 stalks. With salt. I know, I know... why not sugar? It's not a pregnancy thing. It's a Tom Clow thing. Blame my dad for my strange eating tendencies. :)

So yeah. Yummo. I sort of want to skip dinner and go straight to the pie and ice cream. Thank you commisary for having rhubarb!

1 comment:

  1. I love rhubarb. I used to take it to school for lunch, along with sugar to dip it in!!! There's only like one variety that will grow where we're headed, but dang it, I'm gonna plant it!!!

    ReplyDelete