Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

POD "Go Big or Go HOME!"


Bigger is better and everything is bigger in the United States: the homes, the trucks, the portion sizes, the people. Nope, we sure don't mess around when it comes to size. Which is exactly why I started lizzing (That's laughing and wizzing at the same time... thank you 30 Rock for my new word that will SO come in handy now that I'm pregnant.) as soon as my brother walked through the door with his new "flashlight."

Now, I use the term "flashlight" loosely, because i'm not so sure this piece of equipment should be categorized as a flashlight. Let me clarify a few things to better help you understand WHY my brother's evening entrance was just so funny.

First of all, my brother lives about 100 feet (not yards, FEET) through the woods from my parents' home. There is a pretty clear walking path that is used to walk to and from the houses. Most people, especially someone who KNOWS the path, wouldn't need the additional light of a flashlight. You've got the lights that shine in the yard of his home and the motion sensored flood lights that kick on in the yard at my parents.

OKAY, let's say you feel the need to bring a little extra light. Grab a pocket flashlight, a pen light... hell, use the light from the screen on your phone. In no way, shape or form does this 30 second walk call for a spotlight.

So can we talk about the flashlight now? Well... it's a little excessive. Trevor, like many other manly Americans (cue Tim Allen grunts), has a tendency to think..."go big or go home." So when he spotted this beauty and all its nifty features, he couldn't resist. The thing has a "spotter" setting. As in, spotlight. As in, it can "spot" a freakin owl in a tree 3 football fields away. (Poor owl will probably fall from its tree, blinded... but...whatever.) It's got folding legs. LEGS! I've always wanted a flashlight that I can also use as a step stool! It's got a strap. How convenient. When your hand has gone numb from carrying the 30 lb suitcase, you can just strap it to your back. No, you haven't got a flashlight lighting your way anymore, and now you've thrown your back out, but SHIT, it looks cool! All your buddies will be jealous! (They'll be impressed, that is, IF, fumbling through the darkness, you DO ever make it to your final destination. Oh, and if you don't, and you're forced to camp out for the night, you COULD actually use the "flashlight" as a weapon to beat off hungry wild animals!) Wow. I've almost convinced myself that I need one of these. SO many uses!
Stool
Table
Show-and-Tell item
Weapon
Portable light house

:) So yeah. It was a funny entrance. Straight out of a sitcom. All he needed was some canned laughter. OH and I took a few pictures to help you get an idea of the SIZE of this thing. The first photo was just a re-enactment of the grand entrance. As you'll see in these next two, I've used a NORMAL sized coffee cup to give you an idea of its grand proportion. Wish you could have been here to see it in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment