Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

POD "Goooo Huskies!"


The POD for today is a photo from about 3:30 this morning. That's right people. Three-thirty AM. I, being the fabulous wife that I am, agreed to go to bed early and get up with Matty at 3:30 to watch the live broadcast from Houston of the March Madness championship game. (*Pats herself on the back*) Here's the photo of Matty and his husky compadre cheering on the boys at the start of the game.

I must admit, I waivered in my decision to watch this showdown. Why? Well, it's just that everytime one of our teams find themselves in a game that matters, and I FINALLY sit down to watch... they lose. :) It's a curse and you can count on it. If I'm watching... we're losing.

Nevertheless, I got up and watched, hoping to break this dreaded curse. After the piss poor performance of both teams in the first half (lowest scoring championship game since the 40s) I considered going back to bed! The curse could not be broken! Still, I was not giving up. I stayed up for the second half, and although the scoring didn't improve much, UConn managed to get a FEW more bricks in the basket than Butler. ;) Hahaha Halfway thru the second half, when Butler FINALLY scored their FIRST points of the game from inside the paint, I even told Matt "Wow. Somebody get that kid a medal."

As long as UConn won, Matt didn't seem to mind how dull the game was. I felt it was a bit boring and sort of hoped for some more action. HEY... it was 4 o'clock in the morning! What do you want from me?!

I am happy to announce (incase you somehow missed the headlines) UConn won the dogfight! :) YAY! AND I got to go back to bed for 3 more hours. YAY AGAIN! :)

SO, from the Thomsen household, we gotta give a big shoutout to Takoda's family. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUSKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment