Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Saturday, April 9, 2011

POD "Flamingitis"


It's sort of been going around here in Rota military housing. Pink flamingos, that is. The first time I saw them crowded around the front yard of someone's house, I laughed. The second time I saw them, I was confused. The third time I saw them (at a new house each time, by the way) I was CURIOUS! Who was sneaking in during the night and bringing their flock of pink lawn ornaments? Why? Was I going to be "flocked" next?

Well, when my neighbor found herself flooded with flamingos one morning, I finally got my answer! It's a "Relay for Life" fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and once you're "flocked," you've got all sorts of options including donating (to get the lovely, attention seekers off your lawn), paying to have them moved to someone ELSE'S lawn you'd love to target, or doing nothing (poo poo on you). Anyway, I just loved this idea and had to share with my fellow blog readers. I stealthily snagged this midnight photo shot of our neighbors lawn. I spotted them out my window upon going to bed and just HAD to sneak out to get a pic. Hahaha! Already in bed, they had NO idea what treat they were going to be waking up to that next morning!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tristin-
    It's actually for Relay For Life here on base 29April. Hope you'll come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Croft friend! ;) Thank you SOOOO much for correcting me and I'm so sorry I got my information mixed up! I've corrected the blog! If I'm around on the 29th, I'll be there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete