Puget Sound Sunset

Puget Sound Sunset

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break Week: Un Paseo en Rota

This week, I'm lucky enough to have a week off from work! The kiddos are on spring break which means no tutoring and no subbing! I woke up to fabulous weather so to kick off the week, I decided on a nice relaxing afternoon stroll in Rota. I just needed to get off the base and have some quiet alone time to think, people watch and relax! :) We all know that once baby man arrives "me time" will probably come few and far between (did I get that saying right?) so I am treating myself now while I still can!

So to document my afternoon for my family and friends who enjoy living la vida fantastica along with me... of course... I took some photos! Disfruta!(Enjoy!)

After just a smidge of walking my bladder was calling to me, so I found a nice bar where I could give the baby a little more room (if you know what I'm saying) and get a snack! I settled in the shade of this small little plaza (Plaza de Andalucia) and snacked on some olives with my coca cola.

Wait... the menu says they have chocos fritos. Well of COURSE I have to order some! For those of you who don't know, chocos fritos are fried cuttlefish and if you're a calamari fan, you'd like these too. They are great with lemon! :)

Enjoying the view from my table.

After my salty snack it was time to slide next door and pick out a little gelato! :) YUMMO! I opted for a cup of nata con oreo (cream with oreos) and strolled with my sweet treat through the streets, headed for the ocean boardwalk.

While lounging on this long tile bench and overlooking the quiet and tranquil beach, I licked the cup clean! The beaches are SO peaceful this time of year. Rota is SUCH a fun place to be in the summer, but the beach will be swarmed come this time in July!

The one of the many entrances to the beach from the old town. :)

Time for a stroll on the shore!


Before heading back to the car, I just HAD to plop down in the warm sand and take a break to enjoy the waves and sun. Ahhhhhhhh. I didn't want to leave! I procrastinated by taking a few belly shots. Here's one. :)

On the way back to my car, I noticed a cute jewelry store that was still open despite siesta hours. I popped in and checked out the charms. 3.50 euro for all three! How could I resist!

What a fantastic afternoon. Now to head back home and take my puppies out for THEIR explore time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment